West Coast Collaborative
SAVE THE DATE!
2014 West Coast Collaborative Partners Meeting – September 4-5 in San Francisco
Please join us for our next WCC Partners Meeting held at the Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco – Union Square. Stay tuned for forthcoming information, including agenda topics and featured speakers.
Attendees are encouraged to begin making travel arrangements. Reservations for discounted lodging accommodations ($226/night) can be made by clicking here.
- EPA Awards $4.2 million of Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) funding to U.S. ports, including awards to the ports of Seattle, Tacoma, Hueneme, and Los Angeles.
More information can be found at EPA's Ports Initiative webpage.
- EPA West Coast Collaborative Announces 2013 Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) Grant Recipients in Western States
EPAís Pacific Southwest and Pacific Northwest Regionís are announcing the award of over $2.2 million in Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) grants to partners along the West Coast. The Press Release can be found here, and 2013 DERA grant project fact sheets can be found here.
- USEPA, California Air Resources Board, CA Energy Commission and the South Coast Air District Celebrate All-Electric Delivery Vehicle Fleet by UPS in San Bernardino
The USEPA West Coast Collaborative, CARB, CEC, South Coast Air District, and UPS celebrate deploying 40 fully-electric trucks in Southern California. - Press release: 7/17/13 UPS to Rollout Fleet of Electric Vehicles in California
- EPA Regional Administrator, Jared Blumenfeld, and CA Governor, Jerry Brown. to Join UPS for Rollout of All-Electric Delivery Vehicle Fleet
The Governor of California, U.S. EPA and West Coast Collaborative (WCC) Partners from the California Air Resources Board (CARB), Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District (SMAQMD), the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), the San Joaquin Valley Air pollution Control District (SJVAPCD), and the California Energy Commission (CEC) joined together to celebrate the roll out of California’s largest fully-electric United Parcel Service (UPS) delivery truck fleet. With a combination of funding from the USEPA West Coast Collaborative DERA, CARB, Air District, CEC and UPS , these electric trucks are on the road throughout California, eliminating street-level community exposure to harmful diesel emissions and reducing the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions footprint
- Governor's media advisory for press event Tuesday, 2/5/13 in Sacramento
- Press release: UPS to Rollout Fleet of Electric Vehicles in California
- West Coast Collaborative funding for zero-emission trucks in Sacramento and San Bernardino (PDF)
- Promoting Sustainable Ports in the Asia Pacific Region
On December 10-12, 2012, U.S. EPA and our Asian-Pacific partners hosted a ports, vessels goods movement sustainability symposium, Promoting Sustainable Ports and Port Cities in the Asia Pacific Region, in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- EPA and Coast Guard Announce Agreement to Enforce Air Pollution Requirements for Vessels Operating in U.S. Waters
- DOT and EPA Propose New Fuel Efficiency and GHG Emission Program for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles, MYs 2014-2018: In response to the President’s direction to NHTSA and EPA in his May 21, 2010, memo, the agencies are proposing the first-ever National Program to regulate fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions for MYs 2014-2018 medium- and heavy-duty trucks, covering vehicles from 3/4 ton pickups and vans to delivery and utility trucks to big-rig combination tractors
- EPA Awards $5.6 Million to Spur New Clean Diesel Technologies
- EPA Administrator Announces Millions of "Green" Recovery Act Dollars To Clean Southern California Air
- EPA Funds New Study on Alternative Fuel Vehicle Emissions
- California Port Fee Would Fight Pollution, Congestion
- CA Presents First Bond 1B Check to San Joaquin Valley to Clean Up Air Quality
- PA, CARB, South Coast and SJV Air Districts Sign Joint Agreement to Reduce Pollution, Greenhouse Gas Emissions