West Coast Collaborative
EPA Announces 2014 Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) Grant Recipients in Western States
EPA's Pacific Southwest and Pacific Northwest Regions are announcing the award of $2.56 million in Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) grants to partners along the West Coast.
The following recipients were awarded under the 2014 National Clean Diesel RFP:
- South Coast Air Quality Management District Fact Sheet | (press release)
- San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Fact Sheet | (press release)
- California Air Resources Board Fact Sheet |
- Hawaii Department of Health Fact Sheet |
- Beyond Toxics Fact Sheet | (press release)
- Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District Fact Sheet | (press release)
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality Fact Sheet | (press release)
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (press release)
Nationally, EPA has awarded $8 million for 21 clean diesel projects as part of the DERA Program's FY 2014 funding allocation. Please click here for the national press release.
WCC Goods Movement Webinar, March 3, 2015
This is a reminder to join us for the WCC Goods Movement sector webinar on Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 10:00 am to 11:15 am Pacific Time.
Here is the information you need to access the webinar and conference call connection.
- Audio conference line: 1-866-299-3188
- Conference code 206-553-8087#
- Webinar "room" for viewing presentations: https://epa.connectsolutions.com/wcc2015-03-03/ (log in as guest)
- To download slide presentations, click here (PDF).
The agenda for the call is as follows.
- Welcome, roll call
- EPA/NCDC updates (Ports Initiative, DERA Updates, ECA Enforcement)
- Gay MacGregor, EPA Office of Transportation and Air Quality (5-10 min)
- Seema Kakade, EPA Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (5-10 min)
- Guest Speaker: Alternative fuels for heavy duty applications in a period of low petroleum prices - CALSTART
If you have any questions, please contact Francisco Dóñez, Ph.D., Ports and Marine and Locomotive Sector Lead, at (213) 244-1834, or by email at email@example.com.
Also, look for another WCC webinar on Community Impacts and Actions on Diesel Emissions in April!
EPA Announces Selections for the 2014 School Bus Replacement Rebate Program2014 WCC School Bus Rebate Factsheet
On February 10th, EPA announced selections for the 2014 School Bus Replacement Rebate Program. A total of nine school districts in California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada were selected to receive over $750K for the replacement of 33 school buses. Rebate funds will be used to replace pre-2006 model year buses, currently in regular service, with buses certified to the 2014 emission standard or that operate solely on electricity.
The following fleets in EPA Regions 9 and 10 have been selected to receive funding: Culver City Unified School District (CA); Enterprise Elementary School District (Redding, CA); Clovis Unified School District (CA); Southern Humboldt Unified School District (Miranda, CA); Town Ride Inc. (Arcadia, CA); Springfield School District No. 19 (OR); Reynolds School District No. 7 (OR); Washoe County School District (Reno, NV); and Puyallup School District No. 3 (WA). For additional information about the bus replacements and estimated emission reductions, please see the WCC 2014 School Bus Replacement Rebate Factsheet (PDF).
Nationally, EPA is awarding more than $3 million to 76 school bus fleets to replace 210 older diesel school buses. Funding for the bus replacements is provided through the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act. For additional information about the National Clean Diesel Rebate Program and to view a complete list of selections, please click here.
EPA Press Releases by State
- 2014 West Coast Collaborative Partners Meeting
The two-day 2014 West Coast Collaborative Partners Meeting was held in San Francisco and covered a variety of topics including, diesel and greenhouse gas emission policies; clean technologies including diesel engines, low NOx engines, natural gas, and medium & heavy-duty electric vehicles; construction and non-road fleet experiences; community engagement; current and future funding and resources at local, state and federal levels; and sustainable goods movement strategies. For more information about the meeting, including meeting agenda and presentations, please click here.
- EPA Awards $4.2 million of Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) funding to U.S. ports, including awards to the ports of Seattle, Tacoma, Hueneme, and Los Angeles.
More information can be found at EPA's Ports Initiative webpage.
- EPA West Coast Collaborative Announces 2013 Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) Grant Recipients in Western States
EPAís Pacific Southwest and Pacific Northwest Regionís are announcing the award of over $2.2 million in Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) grants to partners along the West Coast. The Press Release can be found here, and 2013 DERA grant project fact sheets can be found here.
- USEPA, California Air Resources Board, CA Energy Commission and the South Coast Air District Celebrate All-Electric Delivery Vehicle Fleet by UPS in San Bernardino
The USEPA West Coast Collaborative, CARB, CEC, South Coast Air District, and UPS celebrate deploying 40 fully-electric trucks in Southern California. - Press release: 7/17/13 UPS to Rollout Fleet of Electric Vehicles in California
- EPA Regional Administrator, Jared Blumenfeld, and CA Governor, Jerry Brown. to Join UPS for Rollout of All-Electric Delivery Vehicle Fleet
The Governor of California, U.S. EPA and West Coast Collaborative (WCC) Partners from the California Air Resources Board (CARB), Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District (SMAQMD), the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), the San Joaquin Valley Air pollution Control District (SJVAPCD), and the California Energy Commission (CEC) joined together to celebrate the roll out of California’s largest fully-electric United Parcel Service (UPS) delivery truck fleet. With a combination of funding from the USEPA West Coast Collaborative DERA, CARB, Air District, CEC and UPS , these electric trucks are on the road throughout California, eliminating street-level community exposure to harmful diesel emissions and reducing the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions footprint
- Governor's media advisory for press event Tuesday, 2/5/13 in Sacramento
- Press release: UPS to Rollout Fleet of Electric Vehicles in California
- West Coast Collaborative funding for zero-emission trucks in Sacramento and San Bernardino (PDF)
- Promoting Sustainable Ports in the Asia Pacific Region
On December 10-12, 2012, U.S. EPA and our Asian-Pacific partners hosted a ports, vessels goods movement sustainability symposium, Promoting Sustainable Ports and Port Cities in the Asia Pacific Region, in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- EPA and Coast Guard Announce Agreement to Enforce Air Pollution Requirements for Vessels Operating in U.S. Waters
- DOT and EPA Propose New Fuel Efficiency and GHG Emission Program for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles, MYs 2014-2018: In response to the President’s direction to NHTSA and EPA in his May 21, 2010, memo, the agencies are proposing the first-ever National Program to regulate fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions for MYs 2014-2018 medium- and heavy-duty trucks, covering vehicles from 3/4 ton pickups and vans to delivery and utility trucks to big-rig combination tractors
- EPA Awards $5.6 Million to Spur New Clean Diesel Technologies
- EPA Administrator Announces Millions of "Green" Recovery Act Dollars To Clean Southern California Air
- EPA Funds New Study on Alternative Fuel Vehicle Emissions
- California Port Fee Would Fight Pollution, Congestion
- CA Presents First Bond 1B Check to San Joaquin Valley to Clean Up Air Quality
- PA, CARB, South Coast and SJV Air Districts Sign Joint Agreement to Reduce Pollution, Greenhouse Gas Emissions